Online Instructor Training: Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist:
- Learn from home
- 5 hours in duration
- 16 Modules
You will have two-weeks to complete the online training.
If more time is needed, an extension may be purchased for $35. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will be able to download the Pink Ribbon Program Study Guide which is a detailed summary of all the lecture modules, as well as self-study case studies, and patient assessment forms. This course is open to Pilates Instructors, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Personal Trainers, and Lymphedema Treatment Therapists (LDTs).
Once you view all modules and pass all the quizzes, you will receive a Certificate of Completion which you can download and print. CECs available.
Please Note: This online course requires a computer that supports streaming video. For best results, lessons should be viewed with Chrome 4.0 or newer, Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer, Firefox 4.0 or newer, Safari 4.0 or newer, or Opera 10.5 or newer.
Online Module description
Modules 1 through 4 are lecture modules with Quizzes.
- Module One: Introduction/History of the Program/Organization of the
Course/Administrative Items (13:50)
- Module Two: Statistics/Profile of a Cancer Cell/Anatomy/Diagnostic
Techniques // QUIZ (39:40)
- Module Three: Types of Breast Cancer/Types of Oncology
Surgeries/Radiation/Chemotherapy/Hormone Therapy // QUIZ (45:33)
- Module Four: Breast Reconstruction/ Axillary Web Syndrome/Lymphatic System/
Lymphedema/Cancer-Related Fatigue // QUIZ (37:35)
Modules 5 through 8 demonstrate and explain the exercise protocol.
- Module Five: Phase One of 6-Week Therapeutic Exercise Protocol Focus on scapula stabilization, chest expansion, and shoulder mobility. (18:17)
- Module Six: Phase Two of 6-Week Therapeutic Exercise Protocol
Focus on long-lever, shoulder range of motion, trunk rotation, lateral flexion, core stability and scapular stabilization. (11:11)
- Module Seven: Phase Three of 6-Week Therapeutic Exercise Protocol
Focus on full body integrated movements, including scapula, core and lower body. (11:05)
- Module Eight: Phase Four – Add on Exercises using Resistance Band to strengthen muscles of back, shoulders, arms and chest. (6:30)
Modules 9 through 12 explain, demonstrate and apply therapeutic exercises to specific reconstruction surgeries
- Module Nine: Case Study 1 – Transitional Exercises for Implant
- Module Ten: Case Study 2 – Transitional Exercises for TRAM Flap
- Module Eleven: Case Study 3 – Transitional Exercises for DIEP Flap
- Module Twelve: Case Study 4 – Transitional Exercises for LAT Flap
Modules 13 and 14 discuss the importance of Fascia stretch for improved healing and increased mobility and Rebounding exercise as it relates to lymphatic flow.
- Module Thirteen: Case Study 5 – Rebounding for Health & Lymphatic Flow (7:27)
- Module Fourteen: Case Study 6 – The Importance of Fascia (17:03)
- Module Fifteen: Marketing/Networking (8:30)
- Module Sixteen: References (:45)